What Personal Information TREND Collects
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment or financial information and credit information or history (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site, or when you provide it to us through other means, such as when you apply for a lease, loan or financing. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Provide us with information on our through our Site;
- Apply for a lease, loan or other financing;
- Contact us through e-mail, telephone, mail, or other correspondence; or
- Otherwise provide us with Personal Information.
The Personal Information we may collect may include:
- Your first and last name, contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or e-mail address;
- If you apply for a lease, loan or other financing, your financial information, and information regarding your credit history, payment history, credit worthiness, or to ensure the information you provided to us, including without limitation your address and other contact information, remains current. We may obtain this information directly from you, and from third party credit reporting agencies;
- The name, address, and phone numbers of persons such as your friends or family whom you identify to us as references in connection with your application. Note: You must have the consent of your references to provide their personal information to TREND, and you agree that TREND may contact them for the purpose of obtaining information to assist us in validating your identity, and reviewing and verifying your credit worthiness; and
- Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
Cookies and How TREND Collects Information Through Technological Means
When you visit our Site, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other general information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request). We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Site, and to improve our Site to better meet your needs. The amount of information that is sent by your web browser depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this.
To enhance your experience on our Site, we may use a feature on your Internet browser called a “cookie” and/or other similar devices. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your computer’s hard drive. They are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, and for load balancing. Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (iii) the pages of the Site a user visits. By using cookies, we can deliver faster service, consistent, updated results, and a better experience on our Site. Your browser gives you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser’s performance and will adversely affect your experience while using our Site.
How TREND Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- Operate our Site in accordance with its terms and conditions;
- Facilitate, complete or confirm your application for a lease, loan or other financing, including through contacting any references you may provide, and if your application is accepted, to provide you with such lease, loan or other financing, and to operate, maintain and manage your account;
- Collect debts that may be owed to TREND;
- Provide motor vehicle products and related services that you have requested;
- Provide you with related information and services including licensing, credit reporting, servicing, warranty, insurance, safety and other products and services that TREND believes may be of interest to you;
- Compile aggregated or statistical data in which you will not be personally identifiable;
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To conduct market research and surveys;
- To conduct promotional activities, including contests;
- To improve our products, services and Site;
- Supply you with requested information on our products or services;
- To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and/or
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
If you apply for a lease, loan or other financing, we may exchange personal information and reports about you with credit reporting agencies and other lenders at the time of and during the application process, and on an ongoing basis to validate your identity, review and verify your credit worthiness, establish credit and hold limits, help us collect debts or enforce obligations owed to us by you, and/or manage and assess our risks.
TREND may on occasion disclose collected information to third parties, including either domestic or US firms, such as; financial institutions, credit reporting agencies, insurance companies and extended warranty agencies for the purposes of managing your lease and other products and services.
If you have provided us with your Personal Information, but later decide you no longer want us to send you any information from us, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe message in our commercial communications.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out these purposes. For example, we may use a data processing contractor to operate computer systems on our behalf. When Personal Information is transferred to a such a third party service provider, that party will be contractually bound to use such Personal Information only to carry out the services we have requested, and to provide protection for the Personal Information.
We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or enter another business transaction, (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession) or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of TREND or of any of the business or assets or shares of TREND or should any such transaction be proposed. We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property. We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
Personal Information collected online may also be combined with information you have provided to TREND through other sources such as over the telephone.
How we Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards intended to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Personal Information we collect is maintained in Toronto.
We retain Personal Information that we collect as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to meet any legal requirements
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Site, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. All third parties that obtain Personal Information from us (e.g. service providers that perform functions on our behalf) are required to protect your confidentiality and Personal Information in a manner consistent with this policy, and/or as required by law.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the Personal Information.
Access and Rectification
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to TREND and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
Children and Parents
TREND does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
Third Party Websites
How to Contact Us
- Access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted;
- Request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to 70 Disco Road, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M9W 1L7
You may also contact us at: